Your business vision involves your sense of imagination and possibility and at its heart, it is the ability to dream and see where you want to go with your business.
We want you to take a few minutes every day to visualise exactly where you plan on going and how you plan on getting there. This is NOT daydreaming. This is FOCUSED development because you WANT to see the optimum outcome for every day.
If you clarify the vision of your business, you “sketch” a unputdownable image. Take your time to work through the following criteria and think how this can help you to create your one of a kind vision:
- Value – Aim high and represent the maximum value for your customers.
- Inspirational, motivational, bold – Your business vision should inspire your team and customers.
- Realistic – Make the vision believable. It should be compatible with your business’s core values and your employees and managing staff should believe that they can deliver on that vision.
- Longevity – A futuristic vision will stand up for a long time, despite business and cultural trends.
- Unique – Distinguish your business from others.
Why is your business vision so important? Because a truly great vision will come to life in everyday actions and behaviour of your team. And it will become your company culture.
I dream, I test my dreams against my beliefs, I dare to take risks, and I execute my vision to make those dreams come true. – Walt Disney